Last update: February 25th, 2020
After reading this privacy statement you will have learned that:
- We collect certain information to offer you the Officelock Services;
- We take security measures to safeguard this information;
- We use this information to enhance your use of the Officelock Services, to improve these Services, to make them easier, better and more relevant and to keep you informed about news regarding Officelock;
- We will not share personally identifiable information about you with third parties.
1. What is Officelock?
Officelock (“Officelock”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is a provider of Sites, Applications (“apps”), and Services, collectively called “Officelock Services” or the “Service”. Officelock is established in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and is listed as a registered trademark of Ebuddy B.V. at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 34211186. The manner in which your personal details are saved and used has been reported to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
2. Children and minors
3. The information collected by eBuddy
When you use the Service, you may provide certain information (such as your name, phone number, email address, and phonebook contents) to Officelock. Depending on the type of Officelock Service, this information may be transmitted, stored and used to provide you and other users with a better experience.
When you use XMS you may provide us with your name, phone number, email address and allow us to access your address book. Your phone number may be verified by sending you a verification code in an SMS text message. A copy of your phone address book will be transmitted to and stored on our servers and used to provide you and other users with Suggested Contacts (see below). The transmission of your phone address book will be done in an encrypted manner, and the names, phone numbers and email addresses will be stored in encrypted format.
When using the Service you may exchange private messages (including, but not limited to text, images, videos, locations, contact details) with other users. These messages may be temporarily stored by Officelock in order to be able to deliver them to the intended recipient(s). For example, when a recipient cannot be reached, the message may be stored on a server until the recipient uses the Service. We will delete the messages from our servers after successful delivery to all intended recipients. Please note that the message may be stored in the Officelock application on your (mobile) device, and may be saved, modified, used or transferred by the recipient.
Automatically generated information
Officelock also collects “Automatically Generated Information” about your behaviour during your use of the Service. This information may include IP addresses, type of browser, browser settings, date and time, what features you use and for how long, “cookies”, the type and unique number of the device you use to access the Service and your mobile operator and other information regarding your use of the Service. Furthermore, we also store some of the information that provided by you when using the Service, such as pictures you send through Officelock, your own display picture, display pictures of your contacts/buddies and customized emoticons.
- to store a user’s Officelock ID log-in identity so that your session won’t expire unless you actively log out;
- to store a user’s Officelock ID log-in identity so that the log-in box is already filled upon your next use of Officelock;
- to serve you relevant advertisements based on non-personal information such as your age and gender and also to ensure you will not be served the same advertisement too often;
- and to ensure that the Officelock service is protected.
4. Use of the information collected
Officelock will use the information it collects for the following purposes:
- to enable you to use the Service and to enhance your experience;
- to send information to you about other Officelock Services, or promotional actions of Officelock;
- to draw up statistical and demographic data rendered anonymous and used for performance monitoring;
- to serve you relevant advertising;
- to provide your information to third parties pursuant to legal obligations.
Use of collected information by OFFICELOCK
As a general matter, we use the information we collect, to provide the Service to you. We will also try to enhance and personalize your use of the Officelock Services based on this information. Officelock may offer you targeted advertisements based on for example your age, gender and type of device. In addition, Officelock wants to keep you informed of developments of the Officelock service and of any promotional actions by Officelock. We may ask you to participate in surveys in order to help us enhance the Service. Officelock uses the information it collects for statistical purposes and for reporting. This allows usfor example to monitor performance and detect technical problems. All analysis is done in an anonymous, aggregate manner, such that no part of the data can be traced back to individual users.
Verification SMS for OFFICELOCK
To verify your phone number in the XMS application we may send you a confirmation SMS. Officelock will not charge you for this confirmation SMS. Please note that depending on your country and operator, standard message and data rates may apply. The companies that provide Officelock with the SMS gateway are contractually bound to use your number exclusively for the confirmation SMS.
Use by third parties
Without your explicit consent Officelock will not sell, rent or share your personal details to any third parties for marketing purposes. Officelock can, however, provide anonymous information that cannot be traced back to you. In aggregated form, statistics can be provided to third parties. Please be advised that Officelock never shares Officelock ID log-ins, email addresses, passwords, or phone numbers with third parties, unless it is necessary for use of the Service. Officelock may disclose the information we collect if we believe that:
- we are obliged to do so pursuant to legal provisions; and/or
- we are forced to do so as a result of a legal case; and/or
- it is necessary for the protection of our own rights or property; and/or
- it is necessary to protect the personal safety of our users or members of the public
5. Protection of information
Officelock will take reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect against loss, misuse or any form of unlawful processing. Information on Officelock servers is stored in a secured manner and access is limited to authorized employees only. However, it is important to note that we cannot eliminate all security risks associated with data transmission and storage.
6. Sale, merger or bankruptcy of the company
7. Transfer to countries outside the EU
It may be required for technical and operational reasons that the information we collect, including your (personal) details are transferred to servers in the United States or other countries outside the European Union where the regulations in the field of privacy protection might not provide the same protection as in the European Union. By using the Service you are giving your consent to this, in so far as your consent is necessary. Notwithstanding the above, Officelock will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that the necessary measures and relevant controls are in place in order to protect the confidentiality and security of the information we collect, including your (personal) data.
8. Viewing, changing or removing your personal information
You can always request to view the personal information we have collected from you and if necessary change them. If you want to know which details eBuddy has recorded about you or if you want to change details which you cannot change in your account, you can contact our customer service via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request us to remove your personal details from our servers. Please note that we may be required by law to store the information we collect, even after you have terminated your use of the Officelock Services. For technical reasons, it may be impossible for us to determine whether you have stopped using the Officelock Services. For the mobile applications, it may also be impossible for Officelock to determine whether you have deleted the application. In such cases, we reserve the right to remove your account and the information you have provided us if you have not used the Service for an extended period of time.
9. Scope of Officelock’s responsibility
12. Applicable law